At 01:30 27/11/2002, Jon Carnes wrote:
Adding HtDig to the installation is very, very easy.  Apply the patches from
Sourceforge and then follow the step by step directions and it will be done
in about 2 hours.

BTW: HtDig is a search engine, so it will index any of your local web
pages - not just the archives!
Htdig can be configured to provide search of material other than the MM list archives. However, the patches posted on sourceforge deliberately:

1. generate per list htdig config files so that each list has its own, separate search indexes. That is separate from other lists archives and any Htdig indexes for other material

2. a cron script which runs re-indexing for each list independently

3. makes Htdig searches of list archive indexes deliver search results returning URLs which invoke a cgi script (installed by the patch) to preserve list privacy.

If you want to index other stuff on the same server with Htdig then you have to add your own htdig config file to cover that material and provide your own serach form to get thoses indexes searched.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes
===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mailman User List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 11:54 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Searching arhives

Don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but does anyone have any
idea if/when there are plans to add archive searching capabilities to a new
version anytime in the near future?

I am with a hosting company that implements Mailman via CPanel control
panel, so I'm not sure how much "customizing" I can do (ie: adding external
searching capabilities, etc).

Chris