Doug Brandon wrote:

Mailman is my first exposure to Python.  I've installed Mailman 2.1b6
and have it running fine.  I've looked through FAQs and list archives,
and am posting here as a last resort.  Sorry for the newbie question.  :)

I'm tweaking Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py to experiment with the
headers on a few announce-only lists which I have created.  I'm 99% sure
that the changes I'm making should result in visible changes.  In
particular, I'm using personalized mode and trying to get rid of the
"Cc:[EMAIL PROTECTED]" that mailman automatically inserts.  Anyway, after
tweaking the .py file, I run python to make sure the .pyc is updated.
You don't need to do that; it's automagic. If you're paranoid, just delete the .pyc.

figured this is all I would have to do, but no matter what I do, I can't
seem to make Mailman see any of my changes.  Even something simple like
commenting out the X-Mailman-Version tag insertion doesn't work.

I'm probably missing a very obvious step, but I can't figure it out!
Mailman is all daemons now.  Stop and restart with mailmanctl.