At 22:35 -0600 12/30/2002, Mark Geisinger wrote:
>My point is a) that traffic for subscription confirms is redundant, and b)
>it's
>actually confusing subscribers. Since moving from v2.0.13, where this behavior
>didn't exist, I've actually had a number of folks miss the purpose of the
>subscription confirmation msg (and thus not confirming), believing that the
>autoresponse is an affirmative response to their sub. request.

And we've had in 2.0.x subscribers fail to confirm because (as of 2.0.6,
anyhow), the request could easily be misread as an acknowledgement.  We
hacked the message a little to make it more obvious.  (Old news now.)

  --John
--
John Baxter   [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Soggy mail is caused by postage dew.