I apologize for my total ignorance of Python - the only programming I usually do is of concerts and recitals :-)

The upgrading readme for 2.1 mentions problems with versions having plaintext patch #413752. I followed the links and read all that is there, and also searched the archives, but am unsure how I need to proceed.

I located "if self.data_version >= mm_cfg.DATA_FILE_VERSION:" at line 611 of the /Mailman/MailList.py file. Is this what needs to be altered? Do I just make the change to that file then run ./configure?

Thanks!

Dan Phillips
Professor of Horn, University of Memphis