On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 10:54  AM, Larry Rosenman wrote:

The import facility is critical to delivering targeted content within the
message distribution.

But that is not, IMHO, what Mailman is designed to do.

What you are talking about is a bulk mailer ... not a mailing list system.

THANK YOU.
They're correct. Don't use a hammer to fasten screws.

We run one of the larger mailman installs out there (behind sourceforge, but I'm not sure there are many others larger). I also run a hunk o' my company's e-marketing operations. When we needed systems for that, which require a much different user interface than discussion lists do, I wrote custom systems. Mailman really isn't something yous hould try to wedge into that round hole, and I don't think it makes sense to try to use it as the backend...

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh
nervously and change the subject.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

But when that last guitar's been packed away
You know that I still want to play
So just make sure you got it all set to go
Before you come for my piano