Hello,

Replying to my own request, but there you go.

I found that reading the email about moderation more carefully showed that there was an attached email:

>Subject:
>confirm 5f901f3663c7d0e7d90ffb2de186da8bdfb2fdad
>From:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>If you reply to this message, keeping the Subject: header intact,
>Mailman will discard the held message. Do this if the message is
>spam. If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
>with the list password in it, the message will be approved for posting
>to the list. The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
>of the body of the reply.

It was a little bit tricky, but while I could not figure out how to reply to the attached message, I could cut and paste the Subject: line into a new message to the right address.

(P.S. I found in the archives a note from Jon Carnes suggesting sending "help" command to the list-request address. This got me to the "confirm" command, which actually led to searching for confirm and finding the attachment email which I had not thought to try and read before.)

John DeCarlo wrote:
Hello,

I have searched the FAQ, I have searched the archives, I have done Google searches, I went to www.list.org and other links from there.
I swear I have seen this somewhere before, but now can't find it. Apologies in advance.

Problem: The moderators need to be able to moderate some lists when they don't have access to the web interface, but do have access to email. (For some internal lists, the web server is behind a firewall and only accessible on site or via VPN.)

Then I will try to change the text that goes with the email to the moderators, referencing the email approval process as well.

Thank for any pointers

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]