We just installed version 2.1.1 and I can't figure out how to make the web interface for creating new lists fully functional. The list gets created just fine, but the aliases are not. As a result, any message sent to the list (or the -owner, -request, etc addresses) gets a "User unknown in local recipient" error.

Our postfix installation does not have an alias map to any files in the mailman hierarchy, but I also didn't notice any files in the mailman hierarchy that I could map to

We can create lists from the command line just fine, but we'd like to make the web interface work so that we can allow people to create lists without giving shell access at the same time or writing some kludge script to modify aliases and run newaliases. What do I need to do to make this happen? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kyle

*********************************************** Kyle Banerjee Oregon State Library 250 Winter ST Salem, OR 97301-3950 (503)378-4243 ext. 260 [EMAIL PROTECTED]