Hi all, i have a problem with my installation of Mailman on Postfix;
That's the first time i try to install Mailman, so i've read all of the archives and FAQ's before deciding to post on this mailing list :(

The (weird) problem is simply this one: my postfix authenticate against a MySQL database, and there are the aliases too. Mailman had his own aliases file, to keep in synchro with postfix. I've configured Mailman (i think it is ok) so when i wrote to [list-name][at][domain] the MTA catch correctly the alias [list-name] in the aliases file. Now comes the trouble: the alias is in this form:

pippo:             "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post pippo"
[others follows]

where "pippo" is the list name.

So, i don't get mail delivered, and in the postfix logs i read:

Apr 3 18:53:22 firewall postfix/local[31956]: D27286D464: to=<|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post [EMAIL PROTECTED]>, orig_to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced (unknown user: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post pippo")

just like it was searching a user called "|/usr/local/...blabla" !!!

And the thing i can't understand is that if i from the shell do:

# su postfix
# echo "[fake-mail with headers]" | /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post [EMAIL PROTECTED]

i got the mail perfectly delivered to all subscribers of [EMAIL PROTECTED], being [EMAIL PROTECTED] the mailing list in question.

It seems that there are some problem for postfix (or mailman? uh?) to "resolve" the instruction piped in the alias... please, help me, i'm going crazy about this.

Thx in advance

Emilio

P.s. - i'm sorry for my surely-not-perfect english, i hope that it is anyway understandable... :P