Hi,

I'm running Mailman 2.1.1 on a FreeBSD 4.8 server, with Sendmail as the MTA. It's installed from the Ports collection. We've been experiencing a problem were a user posts to a list, and the message is not delivered right away. From the mail logs, we can see that the post is being processed by the mailman executable, and the post is added to the archives. However, the post does not actually seem to get delivered. We discovered this after restarting the qrunners from an init script: suddenly, a whole bunch of posts went out, as if they had been queued for later delivery.

In fact, for important broadcast posts, we've gotten in the habit of manually restarting the qrunners to make sure they go out. Mailman logs show no errors that would seem to apply to this situation.

Any advice? What should I be looking for? Is there a way to periodic force the queue to be delivered?

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>