On Wed, 28 May 2003 14:33:05 +0000, Arnar Birgisson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there..

I verified this.. the MTA seems to be configured correctly. Since
switching to Exim recently, mailman lists have worked as they should.

As I mentioned earlier, some files are constantly being created in the
out queue directory. I wasn't right when I said earlier that there was
no traffic, apparently there is one message in the out queue, according
to the contents of those files.

What makes me unable to diagnose the problem however is that nothing
shows up in neither the mailman log files nor exim's log files.

I had a similar problem after a recent MTA reconfiguration. I traced it to the fact that the my MTA was no longer listening on the port that I has specified with the SMTPPORT variable. Once I set SMTPPORT correctly, qrunner CPU utilization returned to normal and list posts were delivered.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://www.shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]