At 11:09 12/06/2003, Ronald van Engelen wrote:
Thanks Richard for your useful info. I still however have the same
problem. See details below for the modifications I've tried.

Ronald

One thing I should have said is that after changing hosts and such you may want to run the $prefix/bin/withlist script fix_url.py to update the web_page_url attribute of existing lists.

That said, I do not think that is the cause of this problem.

Have you checked your web server access and error logs to see if they give any clues?

Richard

Regards,
Ronald

Op do 12-06-2003, om 11:43 schreef Richard Barrett:
> At 01:19 12/06/2003, Ronald van Engelen wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm getting the infamous 403 Access Forbidden error trying to access my
> >public archives.
> >
> >I've read the faq and the README files but can't find my error. I'm
> >using  mailman 2.1.2-1 from Debian unstable with apache 1.3.27.0-1.
> >
> >In mm_cfg.py I have:
> >
> >PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'
> >PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = '/pipermail'
>
> There were some changes in the URL handling between MM 2.0.x and 2.1.x
>
> It looks as though you are using the old style which may be causing you
> problems.
>
> In MM 2.1.2 PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL is a full URL pattern. Installing from
> source Defaults.py has the following definitions:
>
> PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

I replaced my orginal PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL with the one above in mm_cfg.py

> MM 2.1.2's Defaults.py no longer defines PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL but is does
> say the following:
>
> <quote>
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mailman.xxx.co.uk'
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman.xxx.co.uk'
> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
>
> # DEFAULT_HOST_NAME has been replaced with DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, however some
> # sites may have the former in their mm_cfg.py files.  If so, we'll believe
> # that, otherwise we'll believe DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.  Same for DEFAULT_URL.
> DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = None
> DEFAULT_URL = None
> </quote>

I replaced my orginal lines with the ones above (commenting out
DEFAULT_URL) and filling my sites parameters.

> Probably worth taking a closer look at Defaults.py and then updating your
> mm_cfg.py to take account of changes between MM 2.0.x and MM 2.1.x
>
> Then repost if you still have a problem.

After making the changes above and restarting the apache and mailman
daemons, I still have the same problem.