At 22:05 07/07/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi
I just converted MTA to postfix now I'm getting this error when a list is sent to any suggestion how to fix. Pleas be detailed if you could.....I'm not the regular tech on this one.......its holiday time

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.whateverdomain.com
Arrival-Date: Mon,  7 Jul 2003 13:26:40 -0600 (CST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 2:
    "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post stcinc". Command output: Failure to exec
    script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)

The INSTALL file for Mailman contains the following:

<quote>
2. Running configure

    TAKE SPECIAL NOTE OF THE --with-mail-gid AND --with-cgi-gid
    OPTIONS BELOW.  YOU WILL PROBABLY NEED TO USE THESE!

      --with-mail-gid=<group-or-groups>
            Specify an alternative group for running scripts via the
            mail wrapper.  <group-or-groups> can be a list of one or
            more integer group ids or symbolic group names.  The first
            value in the list that resolves to an existing group is
            used.  By default, the value is the list
            `mailman other mail daemon'.

            This is highly system dependent and you must get this
            right, because the group id is compiled into the mail
            wrapper program for added security.  On systems using
            sendmail, the sendmail.cf configuration file designates
            the group id of sendmail processes using the "DefaultUser"
            option.  (If commented out, it still may be indicating the
            default...)

            Check your MTA's documentation and configuration files to
            find the right value for this switch.
</quote>

Richard Barrett                                      http://www.openinfo.co.uk