Greetings,

        Now that, with Jon's help amongst tons of archive
files, I managed to get Mailman working on Sun/Cobalt
RaQ4r I'm a glutton for punishment...

        Between Sun's End Of Life on all appliances and
Interland sucking up and trashing another excellent
co-lo/hosting facility, we're out of the RaQ game and
on to Ensim.

        Ensim has some strange setup quirks that may either
be the easiest install in the world, or a larger nightmare
than the RaQ's were.

        Has anyone here done an Ensim Pro 3.5 series
install?

        Ensim Pro 3.5 essentially takes all the Virtual
and IP-based domains and places them in a chroot'ed
environment as I've heard Jon mention previously.  But
then they went further by making each and every
domain it's own mini-box with all the trimmings.  Like
miniature servers instead of pooling resources and
functions like the RaQs.

        I've found something in the main httpd.conf file
that's stating if I uncomment the lines I can get
Mailman to work.  Only problem is that Ensim documentation
doesn't really exist and I'm not sure if simply installing
Mailman in the root domain and using these pathing links
would allow use of Mailman system-wide or if they're
just to allowing each domain to use the Sendmail MTA
and I have to install Mailman in every domain that
wants it.

        So that's the question, to install it system-wide
or install it on a domain-as-needed basis.  Majordomo
exists in each domain separately, but that's not saying
much.  Switch selectable, can be tossed in seconds.

        Any advice appreciated!

      David J. Duffner
      VP Operations
      NWC Corporation
      www.nwcxpress.com

NWC Corporation - Global e-Pay Solutions
POSA terminals, Merchant Accounts, E-payment
solutions, Gift Cards and much more!
NWCWEB.com - Your design, hosting and e-
commerce solution! Featuring Miva Merchant
e-commerce & Ensim Pro/Linux based platforms