Dear Mailmaners,

I recently found a loop when (I think) someone sent an email with a spoofed from/reply-to address.

This appeared to be achieved by sending email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We are using Postfix, and have the following Mailman aliases and virtual addresses set up:

Aliases:
somelist-bounces: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces somelist"

Virtual:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] somelist-bounces

In the end I turned off 'Send mail to poster when their posting is held for approval' and deleted the offending files from the /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/out directory.

My questions are:

1. Is this loop an error in my configuration or a bug or oversight in mailman?

2. Is there a way of getting a list of messages in transit and if necessary deleting them. This mail had not yet arrived at the pending requests stage.

Cheers

Simon L. Jackson Corpita Pty Ltd Level 1 112 Sackville St Collingwood VIC 3066 Australia phone: +61 3 9411 4470 direct: +61 3 9411 4419 fax: +61 3 9411 4499 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]