Darren

On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 06:28 pm, Darren wrote:

Richard,

You have been very helpful in offering suggestions to fix my problem. Yet,
I still can't seem to understand how to correct the situation where my email
address is reported as being [EMAIL PROTECTED] (instead of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) on the page located at
http://www.usmstudent.com/mailman/listinfo. I am running version 2.1.2 on
FreeBSD. I have read and re-read your email and the notes in the
Defaults.py file. Could help me a little further?

Here is an excerpt from my current mm_cfg.py file.

# Site-specific settings
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'usmstudent.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'http://www.usmstudent.com/mailman/'
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL  = '/pipermail'
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'

You should be saying _just_ this in your mm_cfg.py:

# Site-specific settings
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'usmstudent.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.usmstudent.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

followed by more add_virtualhost(URL_FQDN, EMAIL_FQDN) calls for any other virtual hosts you want to support with the system.

Having restarted mailmanctl you should now run the bin/withlist script fix_url.py from the command line to set the web_page_url and stuff for each of your lists. Without this last step, whatever you do to mm_cfg.py will not be propagated to any existing lists.

If you just run bin/fix_url.py from the command line it prints out its usage for you.

You will probably want to run fix_url without any --urlhost option unless you have multiple virtual hosts specified in mm_cfg.py

By the look of it you do not need to change the default PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL and if you do need to change it then model it on the default defined in $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py, which is:

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

As you can see you have left some parts out.

If you check the NEWS file in the MM 2.1.2 source code distribution you will find that the semantics of PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL configuration variable was changed in MM 2.1.x and the PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL configuration variable was removed from MM 2.1.x

Come back if you are still having a problem.

Richard

Thanks for all of your help.

Darren

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Barrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Darren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 4:41 AM Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] wrong email address on "Welcome" page