On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 05:39 pm, Simon Judge wrote:

Thanks John - I'll try upgrading then...

(-:

Simon

Just a couple of points to watch;

1. There is a bug in MM 2.1.2 which can foul up the handling of the the template hierarchy, particularly if you have list specific templates. The fix is in the MM CVS (which why the bug report and fix are shown as being closed) and should appear in MM 2.1.3. But until it does you can get and apply the following patch to the MM 2.1.2 source, before you configure and install, to correct the problem:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/ index.php?func=detail&aid=730769&group_id=103&atid=100103

2. Because the MM 2.1.2 qrunners are daemons and not cron jobs (as in 2.0.13) you may have to restart them using the mailmanctl program that comes with MM 2.1.2. This is because, for performance reasons, the templates are cached within the qrunners when they are first used and once cached for any given list they are not reloaded; hence, changes to the templates on disk may pass unnoticed by the qrunner and any changes you make may appear to be ignored.

-----Original Message-----
From: John DeCarlo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 September 2003 17:30
To: Simon Judge
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Changing the Acknowledgment

Simon,

1. The FAQ applies to Mailman 2.1.x, you say you are using 2.0.13.

2.  I think for 2.0.13 you can only make changes globally, by editing
the files in <mailman-dir>/templates/en.

3. Just in case it helps, the FAQ is a little unclear, let me quote:

   In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the welcome message.  Create
   a directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English :) and copy
   templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory.  Then edit this file
   for your specific wording.  Mailman will use this specialized
   template for the English welcome messages.

The directory <mailman-dir>/lists/<yourlist> should already
exist.  You
are creating a new subdirectory for your language, presumably "en".

Then any files that you copied from <mailman-dir>/templates/en to
<mailman-dir>/lists/<your-list>/en and edited, should affect the
behavior of that list.

Simon Judge wrote:

I am trying to change mailman's acknowledgement email on
joining a group
- so I can use it for a newsletter.

I followed the FAQ here:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp

But with no suceess.

Any ideas?

Also, how do you change the acknowledgement e-mail's title?

(MM version 2.0.13)

Simon

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

This message was sent to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe or change your options at
http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/ r.barrett%40openinfo.co.uk