On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 06:28 pm, Scott Lambert wrote:

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:31:57AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

David> I tried ...

    David> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    David> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

David> ... but got an invalid value error.

Try

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Not knowing anything about mailman's use of these values:

The "^.*something" regex is equivalent to just "something".

"^.*" is useless, confusing and should never be used in a regex for the
regex libraries with which I am familiar.

The regex says, and will only be true if:

^ match at start of email address string
.* match any string i.e.any alias
@ match a following @ character
xyz.com match a given mail domain. Actually, this would be better as xyz\.com so that a literal period was matched rather than any character between the xyz and com substrings matching.

So what is wrong with that.

Personally I would have said the following to tighten up the specification but that is just my prejudices:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@xyz\.com$

--
Scott Lambert