Brad Knowles wrote:
It would be nice if we could make the archives hidden but not protected by a password, so
that other people could go to the archives and see them, if they were given the proper URL.

You can have a public list that is hidden. Just set it to no for "Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine?" in "Privacy options"

In "hidden" cases like this, it would also be nice if we could
make the URL have a pseudo-random component that would make it more
difficult to guess.  Right now, if you know the listname (or
something close to it) and you know the server, that's all you need.

I would think you could do that with redirects.

<>< Paul