Brett Dikeman:
The problem is that any URL longer than 80 characters will be chopped
by many mail clients- Eudora, for example.

I use Eudora and have no such problem. I just sent myself one as a test, and the confirmation URL, at 144 characters, is on one line. Even when I down size the window to force the link to wrap, it's still clickable. The cut and paste reply line is well below 80 characters, so I can't see a problem there either. Maybe it's your settings in Eudora?

Thomas Hochstein wrote:
Perhaps one should rather fix such broken clients?

and David Gibbs replied:
If only that were feasable. :)

Far easier to change one product, to provide a more compatible token,
than to fix multiple mail clients to deal with the incompatible token.

Mailman is hardly the only system using long tokens.

confirm 797bd1e14586d2a80577f886dbdb045f5aee82ee

This message was sent to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe or change your options at