Thank you very much for the help. The problem was that I didn't have a mailman mailing list and I needed to start the mailmanctl daemon.

I wasn't aware of these changes to Mailman.

I have a new question, though. Where should I put the "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/bin/mailmanctl start" command in FreeBSD so that it starts on boot?

TIA,
Darren

Jon Carnes wrote:
Read FAQ 3.14

It looks like either your cron daemon is not running (for Mailman
versions 2.0.x and below) - or your mailmanctl daemon is not runing (for
Mailman versions 2.1.x and above).

Jon Carnes