I need a little help. I've got an installation of Mailman (2.0.13) that we put up last October. Everything was running fine until a couple of days ago when our system admin ran some updates on the RH Linux server that hosts Mailman. The next morning Mailman was down and we determined that Python was having problems. We looked into the reasons why and couldn't figure out what had gone wrong. The sysadmin doesn't think any of the updates should have hurt Python. But anyway, they ended up reinstalling Mailman, and 2/3 of my lists are gone (I don't know why some survived!), and the overall configuration of the system I customized last fall is all gone.

We have nightly backups of this server, so I know I can restore everything. But can someone help me out by telling me what needs to be restored? Is everything the system needs contained in /var/mailman? Or are there files elsewhere on the server (asssuming our installation is typical, which I think it is)? Is there anything in the FAQ's that'll help me piece things back together? (I looked and couldn't find anything pertinent.)

Thanks,

Allan