At 3:41 PM -0500 2004/05/28, Young, Darren wrote:

 I'm in the middle of planning an upgrade of our mailman installation and
 was looking for some pointers.

You can take a look at <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.004.htp>.

 First question on the move of machines, should I a) rsync everything
 over to the new server and just go or b) install from scratch on the new
 server. Any advice here would be great. What about the old lists? Simply
 copy the lists/* directory over? I tried the fresh install on the new
 server then copied over lists/* to the new machine (and /etc/aliases)
 and all seems to be ok so far.

See above.

Alternative, you could do the install on the new machine "clean", then re-create all the configuration items for all the lists. When you're done, you can import the subscriber list and the archives from the old lists.

 Next, on the upgrade. Same basic questions, should I a) upgrade the
 previous version on disk or b) start from scratch and somehow import the
 lists over?

I don't like trying to do upgrades over a previous version, but maybe that's just me.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>