On Jun 9, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Last week, one of the mailing lists for which I'm an admin stopped
sending out messages (I was gone, so I didn't notice until today). All
the other lists on this same server are functioning properly. The list
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) has fairly high volume but so do other lists on the
server. We are running Mailman 2.1.3 (upgraded in February, no troubles
since then, well, other than some posts not being archived -- we'll
leave that for another message) on Debian testing with Postfix. The
perms for this list seem fine (same as other lists on the machine). I
have enabled emergency moderation and posts to the list are now held in
the admin queue, but if I approve a message it does not get distributed
to the list. Neither is mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] delivered to the
list admins. The last timestamp on the mbox file for this list is
2004-06-02T17:17 (no mail sent since then).

I'm puzzled. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Have you check through the mailman logs? You should see the message being held (and released) in the 'vette' log and then you should see it go out in the 'smtp' log. If you don't see the message in the 'smtp' log, check 'smtp-failures'. If you DO see it in the 'smtp' log then check your postfix log. You should be able to follow the message through the smtp-id of the message.

-Jeff