At 10:59 AM -0500 2004-06-14, Vince Kronlein wrote:

 I know this will sound like a stupid question.  But what the heck is the
 address for a new user to subscribe to my list?

 I've read through the documentation and it says to use the -join
 or -subscribe variable.

According to the documentation at <http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node10.html>, that's correct.

 Neither of these work.  My mailing list is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 I tried mailing to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] and neither of these add me to the list.
 Is there someplace in the admin section where I need to change some
 settings, or what's the deal?

Are you getting any error messages sent to the administrator? Do you require confirmation and/or approval for subscription requests? What's in the Mailman logs? What's in the logs of your mail server? Any one of these could point to a particular problem.

You may also want to look at the Mailman FAQ entry for general trouble-shooting at <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>