At 2:34 PM -0700 2004-06-14, NFN Smith wrote:

 Thus, it appears that gate_news is running, but I'm still not getting
 any content back to Mail from News.

Hmm. You might want to try hooking your mailing list up to a different newsgroup, and trying again. I've had good success in testing with misc.test. The nice thing about this is that you'll get e-mail feedback from a variety of auto-responders as they see the article come across the wire, so you'll get confirmation that your post is getting out.

You might also want to hook up a network sniffer device (or a program like tcpdump or snoop) on the host to watch all incoming and outgoing NNTP traffic between your Mailing list server and the USENET news server. This way you can see the entire dialog between the server and client, in addition to whatever they put in the logs.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>