At 2:08 PM +0100 2004-06-25, Jason Davies wrote:

 I just walked into one of those etiquette discussion joining this
 morning, didn't I?:-)

Yup. Don't worry about it. ;)

 Some members of the list wish to receive announcements only rather than
 the rather messy  (but on-topic) discussions that have grown up. Is it
 possible within the same list to do this (eg to only have them receive
 my posts?) Or should I set up an announcement only list entirely
 separately? Thanks for any help (I suspect the latter but you never
 know...)

My advice would be to set up a separate announcement-only list. Those who care will move, and you can send announcements to both. That way, the people who want to continue discussing things won't have to change anything, and the people who want to reduce their load are the only affected users.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>