Some list owners have reported to me that the From: field in their client shows a list message as From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] In this case, the client is MS Outlook. I initially assumed that they didn't know what they were talking about since my mail client (Netscape Messenger) shows From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] However, I have experimented and now I see that using MS Outlook does show From: listname-bounces.

The list owner has requested that the From: field show the listname only and not the listname-bounces. I know that I can configure the list so that messages appear from the sender's address, but I am wondering if there is something else that I should be looking at.

I am assuming that with the newer versions of Mailman (which I am using), VERP has something to do with the program using the -bounces address for sending.

--
Christopher Adams