--On Wednesday, July 21, 2004 8:04 pm +0200 Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 11:25 AM -0600 2004-07-21, Nathan wrote:

 Moderation request emails are occasionally being sent to the
 administrator/moderator at 8:00am for nonexistent moderation requests.
 In other words, nothing shows up under "Tend to pending moderator
 requests" on the web interface after receiving one of these emails.
 This has happened on several lists that I have recently set up and
 haven't used yet (no members).

This is the "-1 requests" problem?

        I've seen the discussions on the list in the past, including some
mention of solutions.  I do not remember precisely what they were or
when, but they should be able to be found using the mechanisms discussed
at <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.018.htp>.

        I don't know when I might get some time to try to find the various
relevant postings, but if you find them before I do, I would ask you to
update the FAQ with an appropriate entry.

I asked about this a few weeks ago, and got this helpful response from Jim Tittsler. I've updated the FAQ:

There is a problem with 2.1.5 in that it expects every list to have an administrative request database containing at least a one entry (a dummy entry containing the version number recording the database format).

Ways to resolve the -1 request warnings include:
 - do something that generates an administrative request, after
   handling it the request database will be left in the correct form
 - copy an "empty" request.pck from another list
 - fix the bug by applying the patch in

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=970383&group_id=103&atid=300103>

Jim Tittsler

--