Is there a maximum number of lines mailman can handle when importing a
text file of subscribers?
I've got a text file of just under 39k lines and it errored out with a
bug.
I split the file up in x2 10k text files and x1 18k text files and
imported the 1st (10k) and 3rd (18k) successfully.
The middle file bugged with the following traceback info:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 169, in main
    change_options(mlist, category, subcat, cgidata, doc)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 1263, in change_options
    send_admin_notif, invitation)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 888, in
ApprovedAddMember
    kind, formataddr((email, name)))
  File "/var/mailman/pythonlib/email/Utils.py", line 106, in formataddr
    return '%s%s%s <%s>' % (quotes, name, quotes, address)
UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

I kept splitting the file up into smaller amounts but it didn't make
much difference and still kept bugging.
There did not seem to be a problem when cut and pasting the 3-4k which
it had a problem with into the subscribers box tho.
I didn't narrow it down further than that so cannot specify a particular
address that may have been problematic

I haven't managed to find much info about this other than that other
people have had it under different circumstances
and that it is a python error.

NB FAO Brad (re disabling headers)
I've tested the disabling of the headers -  test posts are coming thru
now.  None appeared yesterday so don't really know what's happened
there. Haven't yet checked all the log files as I need to crack on with
another list

Thanks
Rob

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to
whom it is addressed.  It should not be deemed to constitute a binding contract
between TKC Group and the recipient(s) unless a purchase order number is quoted.  Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of TKC Group Ltd.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please do
not copy or disclose its contents. Please return it to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] then delete
the email.

Scanned for viruses by MailDefender