I am using mailman-2.1.5 on RedHat Enterprise 3 (Sendmail-8.12)
I wish to configure mailman to use an alias for access: lists.dom.ain
(This is done so that I can move the service to another machine later, if I so wish)
I have set DEFAULT_URL_HOST & DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST to lists.dom.ain & the Web interface & inbound mails all work fine.
However outgoing mails from the list appear as Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin mails come From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
My guess is that this is more of a sendmail issue than a mailman issue, but it would be nice to know whether anyone has got this working.

To attempt to get Sendmail to change this I have added support for a genericstable in sendmail.mc:
FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable.db')dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domains')dnl

I have re-expanded a new sendmail.cf & this shows the FEATURE ok.
I have set up entries in this file:
list-owner                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
list-bounces                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have used makemap to create the hashed db.

Testing with sendmail -bt shows that the map is working:
> /map generics [EMAIL PROTECTED]
map_lookup: generics ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) returns [EMAIL PROTECTED] (0)
> /map generics list-owner
map_lookup: generics (list-owner) returns [EMAIL PROTECTED] (0)

However, mailman still sends out mails From: @host.dom.ain

What will mailman pass to the MTA? 'list-owner' or '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'?

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Fran.