On Sep 4, 2004, at 06:02, K. Clair wrote:

Is there a relatively easy way to remove configuration options from
the administrative interface for all lists?  I know that I can set
defaults, but what if I don't want list administrators to be able to
change them?

As Brad pointed out, you can't enable/disable each of the configuration options on a one-by-one basis.

You can eliminate entire 'categories' from appearing in the administrative interface by copying the ADMIN_CATEGORIES list from Defaults.py into your mm_cfg.py and deleting the categories that you don't want your list administrators to see. That's an easy way to get rid of the Mail<>News Gateway page for example if it is not relevant to your installation. (It wouldn't prevent the clever/devious administrator from changing the values, but it removes the temptation to 'tweak' by pointing and clicking.)

-- Jim Tittsler http://www.OnJapan.net/ GPG: 0x01159DB6 Python Starship http://Starship.Python.net/ Ringo MUG Tokyo http://www.ringo.net/rss.html