At 9:46 AM -0500 2004-09-23, Chris Barnes wrote:

 I have done everything I can think of to get these messages to go
 through without requiring moderator approval, but I am obviously missing
 something.  What is "implicit destination" and how do I get it to just
 process the message?

Implicit destination just means that someone sent a copy of the message with the list as a blind-carbon-copy recipient. Since Mailman can't find the name of the list anywhere on the "To:" or "Cc:" header lines, it figures that this message is probably spam and hands it off to the moderator.

If you want to allow this kind of dangerous behaviour, then using the web admin interface for the list in question, under the "Privacy options..." section, go down to "Recipient filters", and change the first radio button to "No". This radio button is labeled:

                Must posts have list named in destination (to, cc) field
                (or be among the acceptable alias names, specified below)?

And should have a link to a small page describing just what this option is for.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755