On 10/01/2004 02:23 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:
Well, considering that you've looked at the FAQ entry on this issue and you still haven't resolved the problem, I'd say that the next step is to turn up the level of debugging you're getting in your MTA. You should also consider contacting your provider, since they will know a lot more about your particular hardware/OS/software configuration, etc....

They limit what I can see in /var/log. There's really only Apache logs and MySQL logs. That's it.

They want to charge me some astronomical installation fee. I'd prefer to tackle this alone first. This has been done and I have a feeling I'm missing something simple and I'm going to be slapping my forehead when I'm done.

Sounds like the aliases haven't been set up properly, or you don't have the mm-handler stuff installed correctly. I don't have first-hand experience here, but I don't know for sure that the mm-handler stuff will work in a virtual private server environment.

In smtp-failure, I'm seeing relaying denied errors. The other logs look
kind of weird too, but I'm not sure which information would be most useful
to share.

Therein lies the problem. We can't tell you which information will be most useful, because you don't usually figure out what is useful until you see everything and then spot the problem.

Afterwards, it's easy to figure out which parts of the logs you should have been looking at. ;-)

 I installed Mailman v2.1.5 via source.  The MTA is sendmail and it's
 running Red Hat Fedora.

Which method of integration with sendmail did you choose? Are you using aliases or mm-handler?

I am using the aliases method. I don't even know what mm-handler is. I followed the INSTALL file that comes with the source distro and it does not mention mm-handler.

Thanks,
-MikeD