I am creating a website 'front end' for my new list which is run by using Mailman and am running into logging in difficulties which would be best worked around using my own logging-in system. However, I need access to the members' email addresses/passwords database and understand it is stored inside the mailman installation. Unfortunately I do NOT have access to the actual mailman program as it is hosted as a server-wide installation shared by all domains on the server, of which I am but one.

Does anyone have any experience of how to access this database and somehow keep it sync'd with one of mine.

Please note, I use an Apple Mac, and when I look at the scripts and coding in the Mailman FAQs, I am left cold, as I wouldn't know where to begin! I have no knowledge of these things and would need a novice's guide to what I am wanting to achieve.

Thanks in advance
Pete Bell, UK