On Dec 2, 2004, at 23:19, Jody Cleveland wrote:

I've got mailman running fine. It installed ok, I can create lists using
the command line, and the web site. I can also subscribe to lists using
the website. The problem comes in when I try to post messages to the
list I subscribe to. I get a Undeliverable message from the exchange
System Administrator:

It sounds like the connection between the mail server and Mailman on the Linux server is not set up correctly. If you send the mail from your Linux account, do you get the same error?

The way you tell the mail server about the lists (and their associated -request, -bounces, etc ) addresses depends upon the mail server you are using. It is often done by adding aliases for each list you create, but there are also "automated" ways of having the mail server detect the existence of your lists. (There is a lot of information in the INSTALL and README.* files in the Mailman distribution.) And in your case, since you are apparently forwarding all other mail on to another server, you will want to make sure that the aliases are checked before that catchall step.

Mailman's bin/genaliases tool can remind you of the aliases you need to add to your mail server if you didn't add them as you created each list.

-- Jim Tittsler http://www.OnJapan.net/ GPG: 0x01159DB6 Python Starship http://Starship.Python.net/ Ringo MUG Tokyo http://www.ringo.net/rss.html