On Dec 29, 2004, at 23:32, Greg Hays [webforcedesign.com] wrote:
I've been told I can back up my list addresses by running a cronjob. What
command do I put in and that will run a mailman backup? It only gives me one
line.

If you are only interested in backing up the lists of subscribers, you can use the bin/list_members tool. (Run it without arguments to see the options available.)

To do a more complete backup, you will want to preserve at least the lists/* directories... and in many cases, the archives tree, and the customizations you make to mm_cfg.py, custom handlers, etc... so just backing up the entire Mailman tree often makes sense. How you do that depends on the resources available, but might include rsync/rdiff-backup to another machine, or rotating tar file collections over a number of days... but none of this is Mailman specific.

-- Jim Tittsler http://www.OnJapan.net/ GPG: 0x01159DB6 Python Starship http://Starship.Python.net/ Ringo MUG Tokyo http://www.ringo.net/rss.html