On Feb 5, 2005, at 12:37 AM, Dr. Jones wrote:

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

On Feb 4, 2005, at 11:45 PM, Dr. Jones wrote:

I get this message after having sent an email to the address below:
The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

 pipe to |/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post 2ls
   generated by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Delay reason: pipe_transport unset in system_aliases router

What do I need to change to resolve this?

You seem to be using exim as an MTA.

Go to your exim.conf (or whatever the exim configuration file is called on your system) and find the system_aliases router

add the following line

  pipe_transport = address_pipe

there is probably a line that starts file_transport = or something like that
stick it after that line.

Then restart your exim

userforward: driver = forwardfile file_transport = address_file pipe_transport = address_pipe reply_transport = address_reply

system_aliases:
 driver = aliasfile
 file_transport = address_file
 pipe_transport = address_pipe
 file = /etc/aliases
 search_type = lsearch

That's in my /etc/exim/exim/conf file.

Well, the error is telling you that the pipe_transport is unset in system_aliases. Your file seems to indicate that that is not true -- it is set. So you need to debug it and make sure it is using the config file you think it is using. Play detective based on what you know. Restart exim (% kill -HUP <exim-pid>) as a starting point.

Chad