On 2/10/2005 9:41 AM Barry Warsaw wrote:
Until Mailman 2.1.6 is released, the longer term fix is to apply this
patch:

http://www.list.org/CAN-2005-0202.txt

Could an expert please help out a non-expert? I applied this patch to /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi, and the private.py file was correctly patched. I'm not sure that this is enough, however, because the private.pyc file wasn't changed, even after I restarted mailman. Should I have patched the private.py file in the source, then gone through the "make" and "make install" process?

In short, how should this patch be applied?