What is the largest known MM list out there?

I can go to about 50K, on moderately slow hardware (sun E250). An xserve can handle that without breaking a sweat.

We're thinking of using it for a list that currently contains 400,000
entries, though probably about 20% of those should be discarded/are dead.

I'd say you're probably asking for problems, unless you use multiple lists and an umbrella. It might work, I'd be really curious how the internal pickles scale to that. I think you're likely to his disk I/O issues.

When my stuff started getting large, I wrote systems customized for large-scale delivery and management. My guess would be without a good, random backing store database for the subscriber list, anything that large would really struggle. I'd definitely want that subscriber list in SQL somewhere.

------------------------------------------------------ Mailman-Users mailing list Mailman-Users@python.org http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users Mailman FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/ Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/archive%40jab.org

Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp