On Feb 17, 2005, at 2:08 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi

I like to keep my setup simple here.  Web servers run apache.  Mail
servers run sendmail.  The two are never mixed.

What we did when we had to do this was simply set up the web machine as a proxy. you still run mailman via apache on your main box, but nobody talks to it, all the web traffic proxies through the apache on the other box. Works fine, takes about 10 lines in the http.conf, and allows you to put the mailman machine safely behind a firewall and the web stuff into a DMZ zone.

If you absolutely, positively don't want to run apache on the mailman machine at all, you're asking for grief. But running it behind a set of ACLs that lock it down so only the proxy machine can talk to it works, is a lot simpler, and still secure.

------------------------------------------------------ Mailman-Users mailing list Mailman-Users@python.org http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users Mailman FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/ Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/archive%40jab.org

Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp