Folks:

I have a serious problem here that I can't seem to figure out. I've been running Mailman for a very long time and have never seen this behavior before.

A person is posting messages via GMane, but they are not subscribed to the list. However, their messages are being allowed to post!

I have my list configured with ...

generic_nonmember_action = hold
accept_these_nonmembers = <empty>
default_member_moderation = yes
member_moderation_action = hold

As you can see from this post log entry, the posting was accepted ...

Mar 02 09:26:10 2005 (28195) post to rpg400-l from [EMAIL PROTECTED], size=2570, message-id=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, success

But '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' is not subscribed to any of my lists.

If I send a message from one of my own email addresses that isn't subscribed, it's held as it should be.

Any thoughts on how this can happen?

Thanks!

david

--
David Gibbs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me Unsolicited Commercial Email