On Mar 3, 2005, at 16:56, Don wrote:

Instead of using all the original default settings, I'd like to
customize.  Is there an (easy) way to be able to modify the defaults to
spare myself the 'recreating / repeating of generating identical
settings' the way I like them, and thus the time investment?

Look through the many settings and their documentation in ~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py. Copy the variables you are interested in customizing to your mm_cfg.py file and modify them there to override the "defaults" so they are the values you desire for a "standard" list in your installation.

You can further fine tune list configurations by using ~mailman/bin/config_list to help you "clone" settings from one list to another. (Run '~mailman/bin/config_list --help' to see how you can use the -o switch to write out a text configuration that can be edited and then read in to another list with the -i switch.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/