Indentation is critical in Python. You have not properly matched indentation between the patch and the base in MailList.py. It is safest to indent with spaces only. Mixing spaces and tabs in one file causes problems.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,

Hi again,

i got it installing finally, applying the patch line after line manually in editor. It installes everything fine, but now when i want to create a list "mailman" i get the following error:

ipx10995 mailman # ./bin/newlist
Name der Mailingliste: mailman
e-Mailadresse des Listenverwalters: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Erstmaliges Passwort für die Liste mailman:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./bin/newlist", line 219, in ?
   main()
 File "./bin/newlist", line 160, in main
   mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
 File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 455, in Create
   postingaddr = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' % (firstname, domain)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'firstname' referenced before assignment

Over the UI i can't create a List either. I have the following in my mm_cfg.py:

# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.

DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
SMTPPORT = 10025
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 1000
MTA = 'Postfix'

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'gentix.de'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.gentix.de'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'de'
IMAGE_LOGOS = '/mailmanicons/'

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.citservice.de']

I configured a virtual host http://lists.citservice.de and i can access the cgi's of mailman under the URL http://lists.citservice.de/mailman/. When I access http://lists.citservice.de/mailman/create and want to create a new list 'testlist' i get an error: Error: Unknown virtual host: lists.citservice.de. What am i doing wrong?

Greets

Christian
*////*