I have a script that monthly removes the members of a list and then updates it from another file. The default for all members is 'moderated',including the only person who will send messages, so as to prevent spammers from spoofing list owners email and sending to the 40,000 member list.

I just need to clarify a couple of things about posting to lists. My tests show that if a subscriber is moderated and also is listed as a non-member who has permission to post, a post from that person is considered a post from a moderated member.

So, assuming the above, the only way to allow this person to post without having to go through the approval process would be to send a message with the Approved: password as the first line.

Could someone verify that this is correct? Are there any other configuration options that would make this work without the sender having to intervene or send the Approved:password line?

-- Christopher Adams

------------------------------------------------------ Mailman-Users mailing list Mailman-Users@python.org http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users Mailman FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/ Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/archive%40jab.org

Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp