Jarrel Pertschuk wrote:

Hey there trying to learn how to filter attachments with a list of extensions. I'd like to write a filter that will scan for all items like .exe, .dll and a long list of things of that sort and delete them. Not sure how to do this. Can anyone help with this basic question?

Mailman 2.1.6 header filter rules extend to mime subparts. Thus you can use these rules to delete/hold/reject entire posts based on regexp matches on the file name of attachments. You can't just strip the attachment this way though. That can only be done by mime content-type through the standard content filtering settings.

There is a post from Tokio Kikuchi in this list's archives about this, but I'm currently on a ship where internet connectivity costs $0.35/minute, so I leave it to you to find it.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,