Salada, Duncan S.wrote:

>I have a follow-up question.  Is there a source for information about the
>contents of the qfiles and logs directories?  Part of my time in dealing with
>this problem was spent trying to figure out how to follow the path of a
>message through mailman's different logs and qfile directories.

A high level overview is in comments in
Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py. This does not cover the detail of the
post from receipt to delivery. Basically, this consists of the
IncomingRunner passing the message through the pipeline of
Mailman/Handlers/* modules defined by GLOBAL_PIPELINE in
Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py.

The qfiles/* directories are the queues for the various runners. the
files therein each contain a message and various processing
information about the message. The contents is best viewed with
bin/show_qfiles although if there is a problem with the queue entry
that causes a processing error, bin/show_qfiles will probably get the
same error. In this case, bin/dumpdb might be helpful.

As far as I know, there is no documentation of log entries other thatn
looking at the code that writes them.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,