> I recently did this successfully while using two different formats.
>
> In the Mass subscribe GUI, try either...
>

> Format 1:
> Firstname Lastname  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A little observation about this - Spacing doesn't seem to be very important
in the syntax above.  I am often given a spreadsheet with one column of
names and one column of email addys.  I insert a column on either side of
the email addy column, and then populate those columns with either < or > as
appropriate.  Then I copy the whole mess and paste it into the mass
subscribe area.  This results in funny looking stuff like:

John Doe  <     [EMAIL PROTECTED]  >
William Barnes Doe     <     [EMAIL PROTECTED]        >

But Mailman is fine with that and the subscription works perfectly!

- John (not Doe)...