Well, it doesn't work for me to authenticate to a list using the Admin listcreator password. I can use the site Adminstrator password to get into any list. I'm running Mailman 2.1.6. This type of feature for different levels of access to a list might be a good feature in the future for Mailman.

I do apologize if this was in the FAQ Wizard, I did a brief scan in there and must have overlooked it.