Jared Rimer wrote:

>Understood, but what address would I be using for the bounce on the
>address that I'd use for the [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Confused.

The issue here is that even humans have a hard time parsing the message
you received. If I had to guess, and that's all it would be in this
case, I'd guess the address that bounced was

jpalmer,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If in fact, that is the address the post was sent to, then the VERP
like return address would be

users-bounces+jpalmer,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

There are some problems however. In general, the address that bounces
could have been a forwarding address of the actual member address.
Thuse it really isn't possible to know the proper VERP like address to
return to unless it is visible in a Sender: or Errors-To: header in a
returned copy of the bounced message.

Basically, this whole process isn't worth the energy we're spending on
it. Just ignore the bounce, return it to the -owner as you did or
resend it to the -bounces address, and forget it.

If you are a frequent poster, and these bounces are regular and
annoying, take it up with the list owner who may chose to suspend
delivery to or unsubscribe the offender.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,