Trent Fisher wrote:

>I have a big problem, and I am hoping someone here has some advice... I have a
>person on my mailing list who has been very abusive, but has recently taken a
>turn to the creepy (I would call it cyberstalking), and so I have been trying
>to eject him from the list.

Other responders have given good advice. I just want to address a few
technical issues.

<snip>

>Then I set new subscribers to be moderated by default.  Then after a pause of
>a week or so, he starts posting again.  But he cannot as only members may post
>to the list.  Looking at the email headers it is clear that he must be forging
>the email messages to look, to the casual observer, like they are going
>through the mailing list, but his messages lack the proper "Reply-To" and all
>the "List-*" headers... but he is somehow "on" the mailing list to be getting
>the messages to respond to.

Does your list have archives? If he is a member, even with delivery
disabled, he can visit archives, and if archives are public, anyone
can visit them.

Is your list roster available to anyone, list members, or only the
admin?

>So, I set all recent subscribers to "nomail", under the assumption one of them
>is him.  But his posts (that is, replys to mailing list messages) continue.
>So he still has an address on the list, but I cannot figure out which one.
>
>Here's something weird: someone subscribed a week or so ago, but I cannot find
>them on the web interface.  I get both subscribe and unsubscribe
>notifications, so I know he didn't unsubscribe.  Could this guy be exploiting
>a bug?

Prior to Mailman 2.2 which isn't released yet, changes of address are
not logged, so he subscribed and then changed his address.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,